Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Right here"

November 18
Some sort of lodge
In the fall, lots of foliage colors
Mary Jess, Robert and Tommy were making a haunted house, accessed through a trap door in their living room, under a rug. Steps down, lots of Halloween paraphernalia lining walls and stairs, then almost straight outside to side cellar door. MJ did not want to go down steps b/c she was pregnant again. Something about Tommy and Robert wanting to put on haunted house for neighborhood kids.
Owners of lodge came up to me, older husband and young unhappy trophy wife ( like russian couple in 2012?). He wanted to take a drive in incredibly expensive convertible, wife was all whiny. He was inviting me to have someone else to talk to. I got into back of the car, remember being cramped and scared of flying out, but then not caring because it was such a beautiful day. Wide vistas, incredible colors, beautiful colors.
Came back to lodge, all the workers were on porch- the clouds had come in, incredibly dark. Some sort of "native peoples superstition" about the sun going back down right after the dawn and never coming back. they had gathered to pray for it to rise again. I thought it was a grand idea, so I sat down to at least meditate and support them. I kneeled and sat on my feet, but noticed a lady sitting lotus next to me. We started to talk a little, she was showing me how to meditate, and telling me the legends of the sun. She told me finally that it was ok to sit like I was before, and had continued to tell me how to achieve the meditative state. I reached over to her, startling her, and grabbed the air just a few inched from her face. I told her "Right here" and smiled. She said "Oh, you know already" and looked slightly surprised, then let me be. We all turned in unison to the right, all suddenly sitting or kneeling in the same direction. Again, I thought, oh, ok, this is fine too.
The sky was dark, incredibly textured, and the landscape continued to play all the colors. We were all praying for the sun to rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment